Tuesday 12 November 2013

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!!

Back in Service



Wow... 2 months (or thereabouts....). Damn.
Time got away from me and, by way of excuses, I've been hella busy. Between my brother wedding, Vacations and travel, physiotherapy, pure laziness and being swamped by projects, I completely lost the will to blog. Hopefully this will be my return.

As the astute amongst you will have noticed I stated I've been quite busy with various projects and once upon a time I vaguely mentioned some upcoming events that I was working up to. Well, those plans have come to fruition and I can now discuss them.



First of all, I have fully moved into playing Warmachine and have acquired a decently sized force of models for that game.
Oh Nemo, You're just so rad!
 While I'm currently only a few games into playing MK.II Warmachine, I've found it coming back to me in droves as I used to play the hell out of MK.I and there really aren't all that many changes to the system beyond points costs and some cleaning up and keywording of the rule descriptions. In fact, Last night I even won my first game of MK.II against Richard (Yes the guest writer from this blog). Not bad for my third game eh?
Richard and I (along with Aaron, the other guest writer for this blog) are gearing up for a 25 point tournament on the 16th, and I damn well intend to win it!
How, you ask?
With this list! (before anyone makes any comment, YES, I do like to punish myself... this is a damn hard list to win with...)
ENemo (+6)
Centurion (9)
Centurion (9)
Storm-Guard (6) (the halberd wielding guys)
Storm Smith (1)
Storm Smith (1)
Storm Smith (1)
The Black 13th (4)

Obviously this list will have issues with Hordes lists as it has a lot of Disruption (which doesn't effect War-beasts at all, to my knowledge). On the other hand, disruption will take the piss out of any warjack  based list I fight. Additionally, ENemo is squishy as hell and tends to pop when hit by a light breeze.... So we'll see how that works out for me. I just need to remember to activate my polarity shields on my Jacks and cast the same upon my SGuard, and I can deny charges by my opponents and mitigate damage while lightning arcing for decent damage via all but a couple of units in my force. The Black 13th are there for utility and unit control.

In regards to Bolt Action:

 I am now a member of the BA Sarge Program~! Which means I'm all official and such and can run official demos of the game for those who wish to learn it. I operate out of Imperial Hobbies, my friendly pseudo-local gaming store (FpLGS?). Having said that, In the  past month I put together two demo forces at 550 points (2 infantry squads, a lieutenant and adjutant, weapons team and a tank for both the Germans and the Americans). Obviously that was a large project so that took quite a bit of doing. Along those same lines, I ran my first event at Imperial this past Sunday (Nov.3rd) which was a resounding success.
so GO ME!
As I've been toodling about with various models, playing games and buying product, I'll have some unboxings and how-to's coming up in the next little while. Stay tuned!

In regards to Infinity:

Not much action on this front sadly. No-ones been up to having a go at me (my throne of defeated opponents skulls is apparently high up on a cliff of infinite peril) and therefor I am not only getting rusty, but my models have laid fallow in te fields of my army case and not been painted at all.
Such is life.

In regards to Games Workshop:

Ha! hahahahahahhahaa.
yeaaaah, nothing going on there at all. I'm currently trying to decide if I'm going to give up on it completely and sell off what I have left, or let it sit and occupy space while I take on other projects. WHO KNOWS???!!!

In regards to all other gaming:

I have a metric tonne of other projects I'm working on. I have about 50 Haqquislam models I need to paint up like Cerberus (of Mass Effect fame) for a friend, which I've been gently shoving off to the side and ignoring. I have 40-odd Germans in winter garb I need to paint up for Maqy (Thanks for the Cygnar mate!). There are 10+ Skinwalkers (PP-Hordes) glaring at my from their boxes to build for Aaron. I have a tables worth of terrain to paint.... AND I got in on the Bones II kickstarter. Because I'm a sucker for punishment. Hellraiser ain't got nothing on me....

Luckily I recent;y got my GF Magz in to painting models and, not only does she love it, but she's WAAAAAY too good at it for a beginner. Her second day painting she was tackling wet-blending and doing it better than I do... And I learned it from Mathieu Fontaine.... Yes, THAT Mathieu Fontaine, personally. Obviously I am going to make her do this for me now. Plus I got a new dual-action Airbrush (Iwata HP-CS) for a song and am working on figuring that bad boy out.


So that`s my update. Hopefully I`ll have something up next week as well.
So....

Until next time,
Don`t work too hard (and take your own advice!).
Bean out|

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...