Tuesday 16 April 2013

Back once more!

Long time no see

 

And we're back! Took a little longer than I had expected but it is what it is: the results of moving houses (and land mass... from a teeny tiny little island to a significantly larger island... which is still considered part of the mainland?), Painting the new apartment (mostly.. still a few walls to do), getting settled in, eating delicious food (Omg I can get pizza delivery again!!!), and figuring out the area.
I now have access to 2 FLGStores (much better than the none within a 7 hour sojourn)! Technically I have 3 gaming stores within easy access of my new place... Though I wouldn't say GW, as a business, is friendly, though the employees are nice. I may, or may not (I did), have hired 2 of the 4 while I was still a Manager for GW, and of the remaining 2, One is a guy I worked with when he took over on of the stores I managed and is a pretty great dude. In between all of that I still found time to bring the samurai commission I've been working on up to about 80% completion, build, base coat and wash 10 marines for an upcoming army for 40k (The Vorpal Swords! look them up. they are pretty ace) AND throw down with a large pledge in the form of WARZONE!

That's right kiddies, I threw down at 'The Five" level with my bro AND managed to get a few others to throw in for their own as well, so expect a fairly large number of posts to come in June regarding that topic.



On the hobby side of things I see:
Infinity
Corvus Belli has finally brought out Scarface and Cordelia (awesome)
Briscards have hit my FLGS. They shall be added to my Ariadna as soon as possible as they look awesome, and their rules are pretty keen.
The Scots guard model is amazing. Nuff Said.
AND I'll be working on a new army (most likely Nomads) for the GF as she wants to throw down and doesn't like Pan O (which I already have... oh darn more excuses for more models!)

40k
Tau are released!
Huzzah!
Once more my friend can play a decent game using his space fish with hooves! I suspect I'll probably have more on these space fishies once I've got some games against them under my belt. Upon a quick inspection at the GW near my new apt. I see Tau have a fairly significant Anti-Air bent so we, as a community, will be seeing a pretty large number of players allying with them if their local meta features a substantial amount of air-power or butthole-chickens/Heldrakes. I may even get some of these pretty new models if I can get over my gut reaction of disgust at the prices we all must now face from gw. Though I do have a friend who recently moved to the UK so that may make things easier... ;)

Few! As you can see quite a lot has been going on in the last weeks to keep me away. Here's hoping I'll have time to keep writing (and perhaps get Richard back into the swing of things and get writing again... Especially since I'm only 20 mins away from him now and can hassle him at his door! (Yes that's a threat Richard! Also that theatre near your place is AWESOME.)

Anyways, that's enough from me, So Until next time (The day before the 1 year anniversary of this blog!!!),
Back to painting!
Bean out~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...