Thursday 11 July 2013

Society of Accruement

Challenge

Bring me MOAR MODELS!!!
Have you ever looked at your collection and thought "Sweet unholy FUCK I have a lot of stuff"?
It struck me the other day just how much stuff I have, sitting about, not being used any more. Old projects started and forgotten, items I meant to 'come back to'. Finished projects I'm no longer happy with. I have so many old singular painted models that just sit in their cases, un-used, un-loved and un-given-a-shit-about. And it occurs to me, many people probably have this same problem. Models just sitting about collecting dust, basking in their fading glory lights, placidly awaiting their next trip to the table which, in all honestly, will never happen in their current incarnation.
Thusly I have resolved to do something about this.
Each month I plan on going through 1 box/case/pile of old models, select 10 models and either strip and (re)paint them or donate them to someone deserving (most likely my old gaming club/FLGS). I'm doing this in an effort to reduce the vast amount of individual and single miniatures I have floating about between my apartment and my mum's place. As I have sold most of my armies via the Ebays to make some quick cash, I have little in the way of cohesive units any more, and it's too much of a hassle to get rid of individual models that way (usually because the rose-tinted goggles will get in the way of pricing and I'll have an issue parting with them for anything less than a greatly inflated sense of worth and therefor be "that guy" on E-bay... which will ruin my rating).
If done correctly I should be able to cut the chaff of my hoard and bring it down to a nice lean, and more importantly, PAINTED collection.
 Let's see if I can do this.

Until next time,
scrub scrub scrub
Bean out~



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...