Thursday 22 August 2013


Going to the next level…

Ever since the top players in my Tuesday night war machine\hordes group got back from LnL, two things have been going thru my head 1) I really need to go next year and 2) How do I improve my game from a 0-4 to a 2-2…

 


I was lucky enough to an opportunity this week to sit down and go thru a game with the top player in our little group, Mr.G who took second overall at this year’s Gotta con in Victoria.  I asked him about this very question as we played a game step by step. He gave me a lot of advice and pointed out that the first step I need to take is SLOW down, breath, and relax. The second piece of advice I got was it always looks like a defeat after the other guy plays his turn. 

I walked away from our little game with a new perspective that I will try and put into practice. I will slow down, think about the moves I need to make, and don’t worry about now many of my guys just got turned into paste. Play my turn and move on to the next, under the realization that there will match ups that won’t go my way.

Those were the first big pieces of advice I got from Mr.G and for the most part they are pretty basic, I also was recommended to several pod casts that talk about these very issues.

What do you do when get into a rut with your games and want to progress to the next level? I would love to hear what you have to say?

 

Until next time,

Webbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...