Saturday 8 September 2012

Back to the Future

Saturday Potpourri

It's just Fabulous!

So... the Horus Heresy series by forge world is being released in the next bunch of weeks. This is both AMAZING and AWFUL at the same time.



The Amazing:
  • Finally, the single most important events to ever happen in the warhammer 40,000 setting are being brought to us to play out. The events that literally SHAPED the setting as we know it.
  • The models will be, hands down, obscenely awesome. Forge world never fails to please with its releases and these will be no different.
  • Many models and things what have been lost to the warp (aka: ret-conning GW rulemakers, modellers and fiction writers) will be returned to us, the gamers. These will include (hopefully) jet bikes, hovertanks, primarch models (I have the old leman russ...), the awesome/nostaligic old pattern vehicles, and many other things that have disappeared over the decades I've been playing.
  • Finally, We'll see OFFICIAL rules for things that many of us have only dreamed of in the past so that we may recreate not only the official fluff on the tabletop, but also the many side battles we've all imagined.
The Awful:
 Finally, We'll see OFFICIAL rules for things. This is a double edged sword as this will inevitably mean that some people will be upset at the official numbers for some of the Primarchs, etc and this will cause a lot of bullshittery on the ol' internets. I for one will be happy to see them as I generally play with decent people and we're just happy to have rules for things... but I'm lucky in that regard.
Odds are, it's looking like this series will not be "officially" compatible with the current game (30k vs. 40k) and therefor will not be tourney legal (I couldn't care one whit, but I know many out there will have their hopes and dreams crushed if this is true)
This will devastate my bank account. Many of you are probably feeling the oncoming burn this is causing as I am. (In my case the lack of funds will require selling more of my preciousssssses.[extra s's are totally required.. gollum proved it's alright!] and that hurts me in my insides...)

So obviously the Pro's far outweigh the cons in this department. But this also brings me to one final gripe:
What do I do?
Go with the homebrew chapter I've been planning for the last months... or Go with my dream of a World Eaters pre-heresy army (and risk all of that awful awful painting of white??).

What are YOU all planning on doing?


Bean out~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...