Saturday 24 November 2012

Armies Ala Bean: Chaos

Armies Ala Bean


Hi All, and welcome back to Armies ala Bean. This week I want to give you a taste of things to come, AKA the army I'm currently building for 40k 6th edition. This time out I'm working on a Death Guard list ably supported by the awesomeness that is Cypher and his Fallen Angels. Those guys really like to get around!
Anyways, on to the list!



Warning:
 Some MOST of the lists I write are written based on either a theme or what I have available to me, model wise. I, almost always, use units that many deem "useless" or "shit" because I like the model, not because of some need to prove a units worth. I buy stuff I like the look of, and will always use them. I am a casually competitive player and have very little interest in tournament play these days, and only play for fun and profit (Profit being the looser buys the drinks after).
Therefor any list I write should NOT be thought of as a tournament list or even particularly GOOD, though I will write explanations for why I've included certain models or units.
You have been warned.

HQ
Typhus, Bearer of the Destroyer hive. - 230pts.
Chaos Lord (and all round nice guy) - 170pts
  Terminator Armour, Burning Brand of Skalathrax, Mark of Nurgle, Ichor Blood, Gift of Mutation, Veterans of the Long War.

Troops
6 Plague Marines - 235pts
  Plasmagun, Meltagun, Powerfist, VotLW
  Rhino
10 Plague Zombies - 50pts
10 Plague Zombies - 50pts
10 Plague Zombies - 50pts

Elites
4 Chaos Terminators - 197pts
  3xCombi-Flamers, Heavy Flamer, MoN, Icon of Despair, VotLW
6 Chosen - 291pts 
  Champion Plasma Pistol, 4xPlasmguns, Autocannon, MoS, Icon of Excess, VotLW
  Rhino

Fast
Heldrake - 170pts
  Baleflamer

Heavy
5 Havoks - 130pts
  4xAutocannons, MoN
Forgefiend - 175pts

Fortification
Aegis Defense Line - 100pts
  Quadgun Autocannon

Total Points: 1848

So why did I choose what I chose?
ZOMBIES. Really, there is no other main reason other than zombies are awesome. Typhus allows for these beautiful creatures. Typhus will also be sauntering about with his good pals the burninators (the Chaos terminators with all of their cool flamer type weapons, which will also be converted to have chemical guns). The Nurgle Chaos Lord is equipped with the Burning Brand because:
  • It's an awesome weapon (Torret and AP3??), and
  • I really want an excuse to build a Chemical Cannon on a Terminator sized model based around a barrel in his back.
The Chaos lord will gad about with the Plague Marines who provide mid-field support and objective clearing/holding.  The Zombies will mill about heading towards objectives (as Zombies are want to do) while the Havoks, once set up with a solid vantage point, set about ratta-tat-tatting whatever big scary units/creatures/vehicles/flyers the enemy has brought in. The forge fiend does what he does, shoots things, a lot, and will lend his firepower to the Havoks or lend fire to other threats to keep objectives clear of enemies. The Heldrake (AKA the butthole chicken) will be replaced with one of the sweet sweet Helblade fighter jets that Forge World sells (due to it being cheaper to purchase and have that delivered to my house than the heldrake model..), and will swoop about the field setting troops on fire and making a nuisance of itself.
The Chosen are on the field for two major reasons:
  1. To provide heavy infantry (AP2) clearing through excessive plasm, and
  2. An excuse to take the Fallen Angel squad I'm working on (See! I told everyone that I like Cypher!)
Some of you will be asking 'Why take the Aegis line if my army isn't really designed to be static?' Because reliable anti-flyer for cheap is useful and will mean an additional turn of not having fliers sweep through my own army... In addition to being terrain that I have control over. Every little bit helps.

So that's the plan. Is it iron clad? Nope, not really. It just plays into my Smashmouth form of table control. Seek and Destroy your opponents strengths so his weak units are forced to commit to fights they cannot win.
Easy Peasy.

So there you have it, the army I am currently working on (I've just primed Typhus before I started typing this article).
Comment and criticisms? Leave them below. I read them all.

Until next time,
May pappa Nurgle bless your pox.
Bean out~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...