Tuesday 20 November 2012

Liquid Green Stuff: Pretty decent?

Review

So A little while back I picked up a bottle of GW's liquid greenstuff. They're magic "solves all finecast issues" solution. While I personally know nothing about that, as I have yet to purchase anything in finecast (I have many, Many, MANY metal models to get through before I purchase anything in finecast), I have found it has a few uses that I've been struggling to deal with for ages now.



Minor Gaps in built models can be a pain. If the are small enough, more often than not, they will get covered up or disappeared during the painting process. But with many older metal models (the kind I tend to have a lot of), the pieces often do not fit correctly and can have upwards of 2mm in gap space. Liquid Green Stuff is absolutely fantastic for dealing with this, as you just paint it into the gap, fill it up, and file it smooth.
As I know many (including myself) often use standard green stuff for this, I'll explain why the liquid greenstuff is a superior choice.
1: when mixing a "small" amount of regular GS, you'll often end up with extra left over, which can lead, little by little, to a large amount of wastage. And in an era where the modeling hobby is growing in cost *cough cough GW cough cough*, every cent saved is a cent put towards that next awesome model project.
2: You get a lot. I mean A LOT. it doesn't seem that way, as it's in a mostly liquid state, but in reality, if you use this product for gap filling and smoothing out surfaces, you really aren't using that much per application, which means it'll stretch further than you'd think.
3: It's cheaper than most GS. Seriously, $5 a bottle is cheaper than the average of $10-$15 for a roll of GS. Simple choice when you aren't doing a whole lot of conversion work.

I give this product a rating of 4.5 stars (out of 5), as it is great for certain uses, but it's not a solve-all product like GW makes it out to be.
Give it a shot your selves and tell me what you think in the comments section.

Until next time,
Don't lick the GS, it tastes awful.
Bean out~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...