Thursday 15 November 2012

Fallen Angel

Thursday Theories


Cypher, Fallen angel. A legend throughout the Imperium as both a harbinger of chaos... and bringer of change. Every time Cypher shows up, major changes happen wherever he is, and despite the turmoil, the Imperium always comes out stronger than it was before. The Nietzsche of 40k.

Plus he's a dual wielding Space-cowboy badass.

With that all said, I found i have 3 Cypher bodies and no arms or backpacks... Most likely from the bitz grab-bags they sed to sell at the Canadian Games day (I also have about 30 blast-masters... ). So I've decided to make my own version, along with a Squad of 6 Fallen Angels to help him out. I'll be using them as Chosen in my Chaos army.


Chaos Chosen Squad (champion & 4 chosen, 90 points)
 Cypher the fallen Angel (Chosen Champion)
      Plasma Pistol (+15pts)
5 Fallen Angels (Chosen +1 model @18pts)
      Mark of Slaanesh (+14pts @ 2pts/model), Icon of Excess (+35pts), Veterans of the Long War (+14pts @ 2pts/model), Autocannon (+10pts), 4 plasmaguns (60pts @ 15pts/model).
Total: 256 points

Why so much gear? Well..... Slaanesh gives +1 initiative... Which makes sense to explain the divine will that drives Cyphers actions (they're sped on their way, if you will). Feel No Pain is there to explain said Divine Powers protecting their chosen ones and tipping fate towards their goals. Plasma because Dark Angels have a hard-on for plasma, it's fun to paint, and I wanted a dedicated heavy troop hunter unit. And an Autocannon because they're fun to model (I'm thinking marine mounted Assault Cannon dude... BADASS!
They'll probably get a Rhino at some point too, pimped out to bring them to an even 300points, but for now, I'm happy with this unit.

And here's the pictures of old Cypher himself.
(I'll add unit pics as they get built and painted.)




Until Next time
May the fates guide your blade!
Bean out~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...