Thursday 8 November 2012

The Perfect Party

Thursday Theories


Being at my core, a Wargamer, I tend to build and paint models for all of my Roleplaying games. Whether it's CyberPunk, Rifts, Mutant Chronicles, or most usually, Dungeons and Dragons. Naturally, I have built, converted and painted dozens of models for my characters as well as for others in my various gaming groups. Beloved characters have come and gone, with literally hundreds of lesser cared for characters sacrificed to the dice gods... or the waste-bin.
Within the last year, gaming of all types has become a limited and precious resource, though I have found myself with a dearth of spare painting time and as such I've been working on various projects...
Or rather I should say, I've been flittering about between projects like a meth-addicted hobby butterfly.
AAAAANYways, one of these projects is something I've been thinking about for quite some time. The concept of "The Perfect D&D Party".


Essentially, the idea is that, knowing my personal preferences and how I like to play, I want to build and paint models for each of my preferred Classes from in the game, that embody every archetype and cliche I enjoy, as well as contain everything I believe is essential to the class. My perfect renditions, if you will.
The cowardly and devious Thief: quick of wit, fiendishly intelligent, and terrifyingly dangerous with his envenomed blades. The Master of Shadows, and connoisseur of of forbidden delights and able to find and "obtain" anything.
The Wizard, Master of the forbidden arts: Obsessed with obtaining ever more power (often to the detriment of others), possessing of a vast array of dangerous and vile artifacts. Self absorbed and craven, though loyal to a fault (much to his chagrin... A fault he's never been able to quite absolve himself of...)
The steadfast Cleric: Giving to a fault, He'll sacrifice everything for his cause: The betterment of the common man.To bring the shining light of faith to the masses and spread the truth through conviction, example and his strong right arm. The classic Hero of myth and legend.
The Mighty Warrior: Champion and master of the martial arts, His flashing, blood stained blade, the last thing his enemy sees before being sent to their maker. Steadfast in defense and unstoppable in offense, the Warrior is the defender of the weak, and undefeated champion of the arena, a product of a savage upbringing amongst slaves, and singled out to make combat for sport.

Of course there are many more.

What I wonder is...
What do you, the readers, like to play? What are your favorite classes?

Until Next time,
May your dice only roll Crits.
Bean out~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...