Tuesday 18 December 2012

Prime Time

Product Review


IT WORKS!!! YAAAAAY!
Many moons ago, I promised you all a review of the Krylon Fusion Ultra-Flat Camouflage black spray primer. Well here it is.

FANTASTIC.


 

Oh? You wanted more?
Ok fine....

So recently  I ran out of primer. AGAIN. Thus it was time for a trip to the hardware store to try out the Black version of that most lovely of primers, Krylon Fusion Camouflage Ultra-Flat Spray Primer.
Like this, Only Black. And better.

Now, as I've stated before, I've tried a few different primer types. Automotive primers generally are not suitable for model priming. They either go on too heavy and fill in detail, go on too slick and water-based acrylics slide right off, or just plain melt the plastic model!


Krylon Fusion Camouflage Ultra-Flat Spray Primer is, as I've stated before, fantastic. It goes on smooth, doesn't fill in detail, dries fast (about 7 minutes until it's slightly tacky, 10 mins for a perfect coverage) EVEN IN 0 DEGREE CELCIUS WEATHER, and dries with a very nice, very solid flat finish. Exactly as advertised. You get all of this at a very reasonable cost ($6 CAD per can), it's wonderful value for your hard earned dinero, and, as I've stated before, it comes in a variety of 'camouflage-y' colors, such as Olive Drab, Tan, Black, Forest green and mud Brown. Alas, no white.


So you may be asking why I say this works better than the Tan that I so lovingly boasted about before. Simple really:
Black is a better primer colour to deal with for darker projects (of which I tend to steer towards), and it seems to go on even smoother than the tan spray did. This amazed me greatly as the tan went on flawlessly. The details remained crisp and clear and the paint itself dried nice and fast. In fact, the only problem I have with this primer is it has a stronger scent than the tan primer did and the smell lasted a fair bit longer on the models before dissipating (about half an hour, roughly).

There you have it, another review for a great product, AS PROMISED.

A Great primer spray at a great price.

Until next time,
Aren't you glad I didn't make another Star Trek joke in the title?
Bean out~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...