Thursday 6 June 2013

A New Challenger has entered the Arena!

90-day Challenge



G’day all,

My name is Aaron (but most call me Webbie), and I'm joining the roll of the dice community. I started off in the hobby back in the early 90’s back when a friend and I went to the local game club meeting and I rolled my first dice playing a certain “space corridor” game and I have been hooked ever since.  More than a decade later it’s turned into an addiction, with product still sitting in wrapped boxes and collecting dust.

If I managed to keep your attention thus far then I’ll let you know why I’m writing this article. Recently my gf and I had a conversation about the amount of “stuff” I have sitting in boxes and not being used, she got me thinking about other things. Things like the collections of unopened minis, the hundreds of paints that haven’t been used, the games still in boxes that aren’t being played and so on. This has lead me to come to a realization that I’m hoping being a writer to this awesome little blog might accomplish and settle a point with my better half. So over the next 90 days I’m going to set a goal in three different categories: 
  1. painting
  2. gaming
  3. health.


In painting I’m hoping to paint a minimal of one hour per week or if miss a day during the week to make it on the weekend. 

Under the gaming heading my hope is to play at least two games per week one of which will be war machine/hordes and something else.

The one I’m mostly dreading is the health, and in particular that our little sub culture has a stereotypical negative about is it health. I’m not ashamed to say it that I’m a big guy and who’s more than a little overweight is. So the plan is that I will get out at least once per day and go for a simple walk at least an hour’s length and try to hit a target weight at the end of the ninety days.

Every week (to the best of ability) for the next twelve weeks I’ll be submitting my results and to check in were I’m standing with my goals. To sum it up here are my goals once again…
  1. To paint at least one hour per day for the next ninety days and if miss and night to spend extra time on the weekend to make up for it.
  2. To play at least one game of war machine\hordes and something else per week.
  3. To walk at least one hour of dedicated time per day and to hit a target weight of 256 pounds at the end of the first ninety days

Wish me luck and I’ll see you in seven days.

- Webbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...