Thursday 13 June 2013

Week one

Week One...



It’s time for my first week with my weekly goals, so how did I do?  For the most part not too badly, minor injuries and a sick girlfriend (the things we do for love) slowed things slightly.  Let’s get down the brass tacks shall we?

On the gaming front I ended participating in an awesome tourney for X-wing held by one of my semi local FLGS. Having only played a couple of intro games I was a little bit intimated by the prospect, but after a quick briefing of some possible lists with the organizer over a hearty brunch my fears where soon gone. I decided on a rebel list consisting on Wedge with R2, a shield upgrade, and 3 other rookie pilots and away I went. Out of three rounds I lost 2 and won 1. I walked with a valuable lesson, and that lesson was always double checking the orders. My third and final game in one turn I lost Wedge to Darth Vader, and two completely untouched rookies flying of the table because of wrong orders give. The second game played during the week was DC Deck building. It’s a regular game played in our house hold, and doesn’t take much arm twisting to get my better half to play. The kiddlet and I are slowly getting wearing her down and soon we hope she might be joining us at our weekly warma hordes night.

Painting had its own challenges this week, with 2/3’s of the family down with a flu I was left to take care of them for all of Saturday and most of Sunday. The afternoon on Sunday I manage to make my way to my painting station began to get down to catching up on my painting projects. I spent most of Sunday cleaning up a trio of shifting stones as well as pinning and repairing several minis that happen to break when they fell out of my jeep in their battle foam bag (Don’t ask) the remainder of the week was spent on stripping and repainting not one but two Wold Wardens. I took Tuesday night off of painting because of War machine night.

Now the biggest challenge, at least in my mind, was the daily exercise. With the family taking ill it was not surprising that I missed both Saturday and Sunday. Monday afternoon I went into the gym and weighed myself and to my shock and awe I was lighter than I thought.  Weighing in at 277 pounds it was a good start especially since I figured I was close to 285. I hopped on the treadmill and set the incline to 3.5 degrees and the speed to 3 miles per hour and away I went. After an hour I was feeling pretty awesome got a little sweaty and the heart was racing at a steady pace. However the following day my left knee had swollen and felt like a water balloon. Tuesday I decided to take it down a notch and remove the incline to a flat surface and afterwards the pressure on my knee was gone. Wednesday I decided to make it my day of rest. Thursday I was back in the gym and I was looking forward to working out. Friday was a Charlie Foxtrot kind of day, I was exposed to a client who recently had a super bug, so I missed my window for a workout as well as I was kind of in a grrrrr kind of head space. I kind of regretted that, but oh well what can you do?

Anyways for the first week of my little experiment I’m going to chalk it up to as a win. I’m feeling better, sleeping better and my skills are getting sharper. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next eleven weeks. If you have any comments or ideas let me know.

Until next time keep the rubber on the pavement…

Webbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...